Saturday, May 21, 2011

Helmet


We got hopeful news yesterday when we went to get Tyler's helmet adjusted they said his head was looking really good and they thought he should be able to have it off June 1st when we go back to Primary's for our check up with the Doctors! I am so hoping that he can have it off. I think it has been harder for me than him! I just can't believe people anytime we take him out people stare and say the rudest things! I guess some people just don't think before they open their mouth. I had one lady stop us and say what a cute baby but he has that ugly helmet on?! REALLY?! For those of you who don't know Tyler had to have this helmet to fix the shape of his head. It is called plagiocephaly which basically means a funny shaped head. They said he's was severe and he might have to wear this helmet for up to 6 months and its only been 3 so I am hopeful he can have this off soon!! The pictures are from when they were fitting him for the helmet which he looked like a little pilgrim! I love that pic! He tolerates the helmet well but it pushes down on his eyebrows so it looks like he has a scowl on his face all the time!

No comments: